Keep Hitting. Keep Moving. Keep The Gun Running.
Welcome to A&M Shooting Academy!
A list of courses we provide.
Cost: $50 per Person
Class Length: 2 Hour Course
Skill level: Basic
This class is geared towards new shooters and those who want to know about
the operation of their firearms. Whether you have already purchased your first
handgun, or are thinking about it, this class is for you!
The Classroom Portion of our Class Covers:
• Firearm Safety and the Four Universal Firearm Safety Rules
• Nomenclature and Inspection of Handguns
• Operation of Pistols and Revolvers
• Ammunition Types and Uses
• Introduction to the Five Basics of Marksmanship
• Firearm Storage and Security
• Range Procedures and Courtesies
The Range Portion of our Class Covers:
• How to inspect your handgun
• How to correctly charge a magazine for semiautomatic handguns
• Introduction to the "ready" position
• Marksmanship fundamentals
• Individual coaching and attention to improve your marksmanship & gun handling skills
• How to perform a reload
What you will need:
• One high quality handgun for EACH student - We suggest the gun you use for personal/home defense.
• Please test fire your gun before class to ensure it works! Please bring a handgun that works !
• We have rental guns if you reserve them in advance - $25 to $45 for a handgun including the ammo (and we clean it!) (Note: If you supply the factory ammunition the rental is $15)
• Please clean and lubricate your gun before you come to class to ensure it will work properly. We do not provide gunsmithing services and therefore cannot repair or "fix" guns.
• 100 rounds of factory new ammunition.
• At least 2 magazines for your firearm.
• Eye and Ear protection
• Hat or cap with a bill
• Dress comfortable for indoors and outdoors wear layered
clothes during winter months.
• Sturdy outdoor type shoes/boots for gravel, grass, and country living.
• Lunch, snacks, and drinks for the day.